As we know that blackheads are very annoying and doesnâ€™t look good on your face. People of any age can have blackheads on their face. Blackheads and whiteheads both are quite similar with just a little difference. Both are known as comedones, which are a collection of sebum or oil that gathers in your hair follicles. Blackheads are open pores while whiteheads are closed pores. In this article, we will talk about blackheads like what are blackheads and their removal tips and tricks. Blackheads occur most common on your face, especially on your nose and around the nose. But some people get blackheads on shoulder, ears and back. Taking care of your skin is the best way to unclog your pores.
Blackheads form when the excess sebum or oil produced at the base of the hair follicle. Blackheads occur due to hormonal changes, especially during puberty. Blackheads are a common symptom of acne that is a skin condition in which the pores of the skin gets blocked. Blackheads are also open comedone in which the plug turns black as the sebum or oil becomes oxidized. There are many products that contain glycolic acid, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as these ingredients helps to loosen the dead skin cells and remove blackheads. There are also some home remedies and natural remedies that will help to get rid of blackheads.
Symptoms of Blackheads:
- Swelling on and around the skin
- Swollen and infected nodules
- Scarring of the skin
Causes of Blackheads:
- Blockage of pores
- Oily skin
- Hormonal changes
- Improper skin care
- Use of birth control pills
- Using greasing cosmetics
- Exposure to the pollution, dirt and dust
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads:
1.) Egg White Mask to Treat Blackheads
Easy white mask is an easy mask which can be prepared at home quickly. Egg white helps to tighten the pores of your skin and will remove your blackheads. Egg white is less drying and very rich with nutrition, which works great for blackheads.
Steps to Use Egg White Mask:
- Break an egg and separate the white part of the egg.
- First, wash your face and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply the thin layer of the egg white over your skin.
- Now, place a strip of tissue on the thin layer and press it gently.
- When the first egg layer gets dry, then apply a second and third layer.
- Allow it to dry and then peel the tissue layers.
- Wash your face properly as it will tighten your skin pores.
2.) Get Rid of Blackheads with Lemon
Lemon is one of the best home remedies to get rid of blackheads fast. Lemon is an essential astringent that works great for blackheads and helps to shrink your skin pores.
Steps to Use Lemon for Blackheads Removal:
- Take a lemon and extract the juice from it.
- Wash your face and then apply this lemon juice on your face with cotton balls.
- Keep the lemon juice overnight.
- After getting up in the morning, wash your face with water and then apply moisturizer.
- If your skin is sensitive then apply diluted lemon juice with water.
3.) Baking Soda to Treat Blackheads Fast
Baking soda is one of the best and effective ingredients to remove blackheads fast. The small granules of baking soda work best as it will unclog your pores.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Remove Blackheads:
- Take some baking soda and water. Then, mix it well to make a thick paste.
- Massage this baking soda paste in circular motion on your face.
- Now, rinse your face properly with fresh cold water.
- Pat dry your face and then use a moisturizer.
- Be careful, donâ€™t overuse baking soda as it is high in pH that can dry your skin.
4.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Blackheads Fast
Blackheads form when oil and dirt get deposited in the pores. Toothpaste works great to remove out all the impurities. Toothpaste helps to dry out the oil and reduces the swelling of the acne.
Steps to Use Toothpaste to Prevent Blackheads:
- After cleaning your face with warm water, apply some toothpaste on the clogged pores.
- Apply colgate and donâ€™t use the gel sort of toothpaste.
- Apply it before bedtime and keep it overnight.
- Once the toothpaste dried, rub the toothpaste in circular motion to remove your blackheads.
- Now, wash your face with clean water for the best and effective results.
5.) Turmeric and Mint to Treat Blackheads Fast and Naturally
Turmeric and mint is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of blackheads naturally. Turmeric works great for minor burns and hence treating blackheads fast. Turmeric also used to treat skin infections and helps to make your skin glow.
Steps to Use Turmeric and Mint to Remove Blackheads Naturally:
- Combine 2 tsp of turmeric powder and 3 tsp of mint juice.
- Now, apply this turmeric paste on your face and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then, wash your skin properly and use it daily to treat blackheads.
6.) Oatmeal to Treat Blackheads Fast and Naturally
Yogurt and oatmeal are an effective remedy for treating blackheads. Oatmeal and yogurt works best to keep your skin free from blackheads.
Steps to Use Oatmeal and Yogurt to Remove Blackheads:
- Prepare a paste by mixing 1 tsp honey, yogurt, oatmeal and the juice of 4 tomatoes.
- Scrub this paste on your affected skin.
- After ten minutes, wash it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy regularly to clear skin.
- You can also mix rose water, plain yogurt, small amounts of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of oatmeal to make a paste. Now, apply this paste to your face and leave it for a few minutes. Then, rinse it off with water.
7.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally and Fast
Green tea is rich in anti-oxidants and it helps to reduce oil and irritation on the skin.
Steps to Use Green Tea to Prevent Blackheads Naturally:
- Prepare a paste by mixing 1 tsp of dry green tea leaves with some water.
- Now, scrub this green tea paste over the affected skin for 2 to 3 minutes.
- This scrub helps to deep cleans your oily skin and unclog pores.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Follow this green tea remedy daily for removing blackheads.
8.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally and Fast
Cinnamon is one of the best natural remedies for removing and treating blackheads.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Remove Blackheads Naturally:
- Prepare a paste by combining 1 tsp of each lemon juice, cinnamon powder and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this cinnamon paste to your face and keep it for 15 minutes. Then, rinse it off with water.
- An alternate method, make a thick paste by mixing 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and honey. Apply this paste to the affected skin area and before bedtime. Leave it overnight and after getting up in the morning wash it off with normal water.
- For faster results, follow either of these remedies for 10 days.
9.) Epsom Salt to Treat Blackheads Fast and Naturally
Epsom salt is an effective and natural remedy for removing blackheads.
Steps to Use Epsom Salt to Remove Blackheads Naturally:
- Add 1 tsp of Epsom salt and a few drops of iodine to a little hot water until the salt dissolves properly. Allow this paste to cool.
- Now, apply this Epsom salt paste on the affected skin with a cotton ball. Let the mixture dry.
- Clean your face with a washcloth properly.
- Repeat it daily to prevent blackheads.
10.) Honey to Get Rid of Blackheads Fast and Naturally
Honey contains balancing quality which is good for oily skin and blackheads. Honey is a natural remedy that helps to hydrate and tightens the skin pores that give you a clear skin tone.
Steps to Use Honey to Remove Blackheads Naturally:
- Take some pure honey and apply it to your face.
- Keep the honey for ten minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this natural remedy daily, for some days.
Additional Useful Tips to Get Rid of Blackheads:
- Donâ€™t touch your face excessively as the oil can transfer from your hands to your face.
- After treatment, use cold water on your face so that the pores get shrink.
- Keep your hair clean as grease from hair can clog up spots.
- Use oil-free moisturizer daily.
- Wash your face daily with soap and cleansers.
- Avoid using chemical treatments and over washing to prevent blackheads.
- Exfoliating facial scrub is good for your skin. If you have a sensitive skin, then donâ€™t use an exfoliant.
- Keep your nails clean as it will prevent bacteria and dirt being transferred from your hands to your face.
The post What are Blackheads? (Blackhead Removal Tips & Tricks) appeared first on Lethow.