Having under eye bags or circles is a very common problem among all ages. Eye bags are the puffiness or swelling under the eyes that occurs due to a weakening of tissues under eye lids. Not getting enough sleep and working too long in the front of the computer may cause eye puffiness and dark circles. The periorbital tissues get swollen due to unequal distribution of fluid causing under eye bags. You can treat under eye bags easily with the help of some best treatments. Read this article, you will get to know about how to get rid of eye bags.
As you get older, the appearance of eye bags increases as the tissues weaken with age.Â For under eye bags, fluid retention, smoking, excess salt, too much alcohol, allergies and chronic sinus problems can cause water retention in the sensitive eye tissues. Eye bags are a natural effect of aging and make you look tired and unhealthy. There are some expensive products available in the market to treat eye bags, but you can also treat eye bags with some home remedies and natural remedies.
Symptoms of Eye Bags:
- Dark circles
- Mild swelling
- Saggy or loose skin
Causes of Eye Bags:
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive tearing
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Eye Bags:
1.) Tea Bags to Treat Eye Bags Fast
Teabag contains tannin that helps to ease under eye bags.
Steps to Use Tea Bags:
- Boil a cup of water and put 2 tea bags into the hot water.
- Move tea bag up and down until the bag are soaked in water properly.
- Remove the tea bag and allow it to cool.
- Lie down in a comfortable position.
- Place 1 soaked tea bag on each eye.
- Now, hold your feet up for a few minutes.
- After chilling out, remove the tea bags from the eyes.
- Now, see your face in the mirror, you will see a less puffy eyes.
2.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Eye Bags Fast and Naturally
Cucumber has skin-lightening properties as well as anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Cucumber is used to reduce puffiness and lighten skin tone.
Steps to Use Cucumber:
- Cut the cucumber into slices.
- Put the cucumber slices in a refrigerator.
- Now, put these chilled slices of cucumber over the closed eyes.
- Keep them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 times per day to reduce puffiness.
3.) Raw Potato to Cure Under Eye Bags Fast and Naturally
Using a raw potato is one of the best and effective home remedies for treating under eye bags. The natural bleaching properties in potatoes help to lighten the skin under your eye area and reduce puffiness.
Steps to Use Raw Potato:
- Take a raw potato and put it in the refrigerator.
- Now, grate this potato and squeeze out the juice in a bowl.
- Soak cotton balls in this chilled potato juice and apply it under your eyes.
- Keep it for 15 minutes.
- You can also use potato slices and place the slice over each eye for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this method 3 times a day for reducing the under eye bags.
4.) Lemon to Get Rid of Eye Bags Fast and Naturally
Lemon juice contains the vitamin C that makes it an excellent lightener for every type of skin.
Steps to Use Lemon Juice:
- Take a lemon and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Extract the juice from the chilled lemon.
- Soak cotton balls in this lemon juice.
- Dab it under the eyes.
- After 10 minutes, clean it with cool water.
5.) Honey to Treat Eye Bags Naturally and Fast
The anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits of honey helps to minimize eye bags and dark circles.
Steps to Use Honey:
- Simply apply a little amount of honey with your fingertip to the under eyes before bedtime.
- Soak it overnight and wash your face in the morning.
- You will see the shadows and swelling is reduced.
6.) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Eye Bags Overnight
Almond oil is luxurious oil and rich that helps to lighten under eye bags or puffiness.
Steps to Use Almond Oil:
- Apply a little amount of honey under your eyes before going to bed.
- Use your finger to lightly tap the skin until skin absorbs most of it.
- Leave it overnight and wash your face with your cleanser.
- Repeat it every night for best results.
7.) Buttermilk and Turmeric to Treat Eye Bags Fast and Naturally
Buttermilk and turmeric is one of the best home remedies for eye bags. Buttermilk and turmeric constricts blood vessels and lessens inflammation. It helps to reduce puffiness and shadows due to its skin lightening properties.
Steps to Use Buttermilk and Turmeric:
- Take a cup of buttermilk and add a little amount of turmeric to it.
- Soak cotton balls in this buttermilk.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid and put the cotton balls on eyes for 15 minutes.
- Repeat it 5 times a week until you get the best results.
8.) Cold Metal Spoons to Get Rid of Eye Bags at Home
Cold metal spoon is the best method for treating under eye bags fast.
Steps to Use Cold Metal Spoons:
- Place 2 tbsp in the refrigerator to cool.
- Now, put the back of the spoon on both the eyes.
- Keep them until the spoon reaches at room temperature.
- It is a quick eye pack that reduces eye bags or puffiness.
9.) Concealer to Cure Eye Bags Fast
Using concealer is one of the most effective and quickest method to treat circles and under eye bags. The right makeup helps to reduce the appearance of under eye bags and puffiness and keep you fresh.
Steps to Use Concealer:
- Use a concealer that matches your skin color.
- Apply the concealer with cotton ball under your eyes.
- Dab it lightly into your skin, but donâ€™t rub it against the skin.
- Use a matte powder and a blush brush to apply it under your eyes.
- The makeup will effectively conceal your bags.
10.) Treat Your Face to Get Rid of Eye Bags Fast
Under eye skin is fragile and thin, so it is easy to make it weaker and damage which leads to bigger bags.
- Donâ€™t wear makeup at bedtime. The harmful chemical in makeup will irritate your eyes at night. So wash your face daily before bedtime.
- Scrubbing and rubbing your face with a towel can weaken the skin under the eyes. Use a good eye makeup remover to remove your makeup. Then, wash your face with clean water.
- Moisturize your face before bedtime.
- Use sunscreen daily to protect your skin from the sunâ€™s rays.
11.) Egg White to Get Rid of Eye Bags Fast
Egg white is one of the best and effective home remedies for treating eye bags. The skin tightening properties of egg white helps to remove the under eye bags and wrinkles.
Steps to Use Eye Bags:
- Take an egg and break it.
- Whip the egg in a bowl until it becomes stiff.
- Apply the egg white under the eyes with the help of a soft brush or cloth.
- Allow it to dry for some time and wash it with lukewarm water after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy once a day to get the desired results.
12.) Salt Water or Saline Solution to Treat Eye Bags Fast
Salt water helps to reduce inflammation.
Steps to Use Salt Water to Cure Eye Bags:
- Take a quarter tsp of salt and warm water in a bowl.
- Soak cotton balls or eye pads in this warm saline solution.
- Place these eye pads over your eye lids.
- Keep these pads for some time.
- Make sure that the cloth should be clean.
Other Useful Tips to Cure Puffy Eyes:
- Do not drink before going to sleep as the fluid retention is the main cause of eye bags.
- Use green tea as it helps to rehydrate your skin.
- Massage your under eye area to reduce the puffiness or eye bags as it helps to improve the blood circulation around the eyes.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself. Drinking more water helps to reduce the dehydration under your eye.
- Donâ€™t watch late night shows and donâ€™t play late night games.
- Eye bags also occur due to the deficiency of vitamin E and other important nutrients. Eat diet that is rich in vitamin E to reduce the eye bags or puffiness.
- Lack of sleep is the cause of eye bags. So take proper sleep to get rid of eye bags and dark circles.
- Take proper and deeper breaths. If you are not getting enough oxygen then it may cause under eye bags.